Friday, December 9, 2011

Monday Is Important Day For Some

This is the day --at 10:00 a.m.--when candidates who filed at the same time on the the first day of filing nominating petitions for County offices will be engaged in a lottery to detrmine who will have their name at the top of the ballot for the March 20 Republican or Democratic Party Primary elections slated for March 20. In the case of County Board candidates, this applies to each of the six districts involved.

The following list is for the Republican ballot (i Indicates Incumbent):
McHENRY COUNTY BOARD
DISTRICT ONE
Yvonne M. Barnes-Cary
I-Anna May Miller - Cary
I-Robert "Bob" Bless -Fox River Grove
I-Robert C. (Bob) Nowak - Cary

There are four candidates and four are to be nominated.
Ms. Barnes served on the County Board before, although she is not considered an incumbent. Anna May Miller, Cary; Robert "Bob" Bless, of Fox River Grove and Robert Nowak of Cary, are incumbents. Marc Munaretto, Algonquin, is not seeking re-election.

Barnes and Miller are vying for the number one ballot spot.

DISTRICT TWO
I-James L. Heisler, Crystal lake
Carolyn Schofield- Crystal Lake
I-Kenneth (Ken) D. Koehler- I-Crystal Lake
Thomas W. Wilbeck - Lakewood
I-Donna Kurtz-I- Crystal Lake

Three of the candidates in this district are incumbents including Heisler, Koehler and Kurtz. Heisler and Schofield are seeking the number one spot on the ballot

Current Board member, Scott Breeden of Lakewood, is not seeking re-election.

DISRICT THREE
Mary Alger, Crystal Lake
I-Mary L. Donner, Crystal Lake
Joseph (Joe) Gottemoller, Crystal Lake
Mary McClellan, Holiday Hills
Linda (Lyn) Orphal, Crystal Lake
I-Nick Provenzano, McHenry
Jim Schlader, McHenry
Michael J. Walkup, Crystal Lake

The first six of the eight candidaes for this district filed at the same time on the first day for filing.

Two other incumbents include Barb Wheeler who is not seeking re-election as she is seeking a seat in the State Legislature. The other member, Kathleen Bergan Schmidt, is seeking re-election on the Democratic ballot.

DISTRICT FOUR
I-John D. Hammerand, Wonder Lake
I-Sandra Fay Salgado, McHenry
Edward Varga, Richmond
Robert "Bob" M. Martens, Sr., Spring Grove
I-Sue Draffkorn, Wonder Lake
Linda Kvidera Murphy, McHenry

Only the first three of the six candidates are hoping to be in the top spot. One other incumbent, Pete Merkel, is not seeking re-election.

DISTRICT FIVE
I-John Jung Jr., Woodstock
I-Tina Hill, Woodstock
I-Virginia D. Peschke-Bull Valley
Michael Rein, Woodstock
Michael Skala, Huntley
There is no competition for the top spots on the ballot for this district.
A fourt incumbent, Paula Yensen, Lake in the Hills, is seeking re-election on the Democratic Ballot

DISTRICT SIX
I-Diane F. Evertsen, Harvard
Shawn Green, Union
David LaGue, Marengo
I-Mary T. McCann, Woodstock
I-Ersel C. Schuster, Woodstock
Rachel Elizabeth Smith, Wonder Lake
Michele R. Aavang, Woodstock
J. Vincent Ranzino, Marengo
I-Randall Donley, Marengo
Michael Stanard, Woodstocks
Corey Brackmann, Marengo
The first six candidates listed are seeking the top spot on the ballot.

No comments: