Tuesday, March 11, 2014

McHenry County Sheriff Candidate And Pension Plan

Republican candidate for McHenry County Sheriff Bill Prim said Monday that if elected 
he would not participate in any pension plan for county employees or state elected officials, 
would not accrue service time or make contributions that could be redeemed toward any 
future pension, or participate in the pension system in any other way. 
 “I have repeatedly made this statement verbally, but for the sake of clarity, I will now 
put it in the public record.  I state unequivocally that on my first day in office, I will notify the 
pertinent pension plan administrators that I will not participate and that I voluntarily opt out of 
any and all pension arrangements available to County employees or elected officials,” Prim 
said. 
  “I expect voters to hold me to this promise.  No pension.  Period.” 

No comments: