Friday, March 30, 2012

Invitation And Report From Congressman Joe Walsh

Please join me from 1:00 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, March 31st, for a Cup of Joe with Joe in Schaumburg.
Exact location: Frato’s Pizza, 628 South Roselle Road, Schaumburg.
Time: 1:00pm -2:30 pm
This event is open to anyone and everyone, so come out and let me know what's on your mind!

Report From Congressman Walsh
This year marks the 13th anniversary of the Congressional Art Competition which showcases the artwork of talented students across the nation and acknowledges young artists.

Judging will be conducted by both the community and a panel of judges. The first place winner of the IL-8 competition will have his or her artwork displayed in the Capitol for one year. This competition is open to all eligible high school students in Illinois' 8th district.

The deadline for submissions is next Friday April 6. Click here or see below for more information, and I look forward to viewing the 2012 artwork!

Last week, I learned that the Office of Justice for Victims of Overseas Terrorism at the Department of Justice has finally reached out to the families of American victims of Palestinian terrorism to inform them that it is now working to bring the terrorists responsible to justice in American courts.

This action is in direct response to a bipartisan letter led by Rep. Berman and myself and signed by 50 other members of Congress to Attorney General Holder. While I am disappointed that it has taken the Department of Justice six years to begin this process, I am pleased that it will finally provide closure to the grief-stricken American families and bring these Palestinian terrorists to justice. 

While in Washington, I hosted an open house to meet with my constituents who were in DC this week. It was great to meet with everyone and always great to meet with people from IL-8 while I am in Washington!

Hope to see you in Schaumburg tomorrow

No comments: